Learn more about sponsoring
If you’re interested in sponsoring or providing a gift in-kind donation, please view our sponsor packet or contact us to learn more information about how you can sponsor BSidesKC 2023! The event relies on sponsors and supporters to help fund the show. For attendees viewing this page, please take a minute to thank sponsors who you see here. Without them, none of this would be possible!!! We are a 501(3)(c) non-profit organization.
Why Become A Sponsor?
The goal of BSidesKC is to offer small intimate events where all participants can engage each other to help develop connections and friendships, and network with different industry professionals. We recognize the value in engaging a smaller audience and being the big fish in a small pond. Every organization will have different goals and priorities. This is why we offer different levels of participation for every individual, group, or organization. We have specifically designed several different options for any-sized organization to participate and support this event.
REASONS TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
We recognize your desire to not only support a great event but also to see a return on your investment. The following are a list of direct benefits you will realize as an event sponsor.
- Brand Recognition and Awareness – Depending on the level of sponsorship, you may recognize your brand placement on some or all of the following: t-shirts, signage, lanyards, lunch sessions, attendee badges, and more. Based on your level of participation, creative and custom branding may be arranged including transportation, banners, and podcast interviews.
- Big Fish, Small Pond – For some, sponsoring large events is not within their price range, leaving them with no option for communicating their message. BSides is just the place for you! This small, community atmosphere brings together active and engaged participants who want to absorb information. Sponsoring our BSidesKC event enables you to be that big fish in a small pond and better communicate your message to an active audience.
- Stay in Touch with the Industry – BSidesKC enables its supporters and participants to identify and connect with industry leaders and voices. These participants represent the social networking of information security. They are the people who you want to engage to solicit feedback and bring voice to your conversation.
- Stay Abreast on the Next Big Thing – Nobody knows what the “next big thing” will be, but these events are community-driven with presentations voted upon by the industry. There is no magic to how it works, but we believe that listening to the underground can help you prepare and identify what the “next big thing” might be.
- Interest Simulcast – Many of the BSides events are simulcast online meaning your participation can reach a larger audience than just those participants present. At the 2010 San Francisco BSides event, the online audience ranged from 5-10 times those present on site at the event. In addition, these simulcasts are archived online for later viewing.
- Media – The media coverage for BSides is massive compared with its size. Be part of the conversation and get swept up in the media. Many participants have been quoted and picked up by mainstream news sources including National Public Radio (NPR).